The Aerobin 400 uses a patented lung® or aeration core inside a sealed bin to promote aerobic break down of organic matter, which experts say is the preferable method to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
The thermal insulation in the Aerobin conserves heat, leading to rapid breakdown of the biomass and works efficiently year round, even in cooler regions. There is no need to turn the biomass and it is pet and rodent resistant. It has little odor and can kill noxious weeds and seeds.
The Aerobin is easy to use - just open, drop and close. After a short time, fertile compost is produced, which is easily accessed via the lower side door. The Aerobin also captures moisture that can be used as liquid fertilizer.
You can regularly put a mixture of wet materials such as food scraps, coffee grounds and lawn clippings together with dry materials such as leaves, twigs and newspaper into the bin and because it breaks down material so fast, the bin should always have plenty of room.
- It's vermin resistant
- Aerobin lowers GHG emissions
- Material: Double-wall, polystyrene insulated, polypropylene
- Produces compost in freezing weather
- Aerobin requires no accessories or tools
- With a patented "Lung" ventilation system that eliminates the need for turning
- Flow-through ventilation and a self-draining floor
- Ensure an optimum balance of air, moisture, and temperature for efficient decomposition
- Capacity: 400 liters, 113 gallons
Weight & Dimensions:
- Aerobin Expansion Kit - Weight: 4.5 lbs
- Aerobin 400 Compost Bin - Weight: 64 lbs
- Aerobin Expansion Kit - Dimension: 41" H x 22" W x 22" D
- Aerobin 400 Compost Bin - Dimension: 47" H x 29" W x 29" D
Note: Product ships in two boxes.